Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

37.5 telehandler wo t go foreward or reverse all light and

Customer Question

37.5 telehandler wo t go foreward or reverse all light and warning normal engine run fine im just wo t movest nwsid×
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Ha20.16a100cab 174var.mac174 mac1740386 35.7vs
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ignition on off vs mode to 1 off ignition on ignition vs speed control open closed park brake on off in and out of forrward then reverse. That kind of stuff
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Acts like the brakes dont release then the next application of inching pedal all is free.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

you have found the answr The inching brake opens the f/r clutch passage, and if it doesn't close when brake is released, the fluid for the f/r clutch will just bypass and not engage the f/r clutches. Locate the inching valve on the transmission cover and remove it, looking for sticking valve or broken return spring.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
What would make the machine grate as if the brakes were applied and the pads worn off? At this moment and then next oscillation smooth as silk and speedier. Do you have a pic of the inching valve cover on the transmission. Where isthe filter for the trans. Its not the same as the hydraulic. Is it?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

Brakes grating, may just be because they are not releasing. As for transmission or machine, I have no parts lists or books that show anything! I just know how the inching system works from seeing many different models.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok. Now we've. Also a manitoo. I think its called. Just used it fir the first time and let me tell you all the systems are so much easier to use steering. Hydraulics. Myth faster. It isthedifference between manual and power steering. Are all dieci. Machines "stiffer" or maybe is the main pump not up to snuff
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

OK< I think you will find that the inching valve is the main problem. Fix it, and the rest will be up to snuff!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 22 days ago.

I see question still open, did you find problem?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Complicated...found out the machine us a rental I've not the authority to dive into it..so but the grating is internal not ..unless the brakes are inside the transmission housing turnouts see that. It does make a difference which mode it is in. And this morning the pressure warning lamp took almost 5 minutes to quit flashing low warning. So my assumption is that there is trains filter exacerbate ING the problem but... Any who the open question.. Probably Sidelined
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 22 days ago.

Brakes are internal to the axle, They can be outboard, or inborad. If brakes are grinding, they are not releasing. With rental, best to get them to bring another unit and let them deal with it! Sorry.