Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My blower quit working in my 5500 Chevy resister seems to be

Customer Question

My blower quit working in my 5500 Chevy resister seems to be good blower seems to be good if you put power to the orange wire on the resister blower comes on high but when you shut the switch off in the Dash it won't come back on
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2004 Chevy 5500 Duramax
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah what's this going to cost me this little session
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the heavy truck mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How do I pay the five dollars
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Also trying to find out if the blower control on the dash is the module
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 27 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I would check the relay first to see if the relay is weak and not fully engaging. The extra power may be enough to have the relay click over. Check the fusse for partial burn as well. These are good on doing that where the melt, but not fully and causes low amps to go through the fuse. You get enough to keep it on, but not enoguh to allow it to start up.

I have a diagram is you need it.

That is what I would check first. If they are good, then check the motor to see if it might be pulling too mnay amps to get it to start up. Again, once it is going, it doesnlt take much to keep it going. I've seen that many times living here in Florida where the fan won't engage properly until you power the resister more and then it runs non stop.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy