Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Cruise control has no de cellorat operation on the toggle

Customer Question

Cruise control has no de cellorat operation on the toggle switch? Accelerate works but won't blank out speed when you bump clutch pedal?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I e Ben told to look for the relays for accellorate and decellorate but can't find them?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Setting at idle with cruise switch off you can still excellorate the speed up. The only way you can shut it off is to bump clutch. Switch on and off will do nothing? However while driving cruise will only set if switch is set to "on" then you can set cruise speed. If you bump clutch to knock out speed for constrution zone and try to reset cruise at a different speed it will only reset to original speed. Only way to blank out speed is to stop, shut off truck. And start again??
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 28 days ago.

Hi Mark, My name is***** will be glad to help. There are a few thins this could be.... What do you have for codes logged in the ECM? Any speed sensor codes? Test continuity of the cruis dash switches and inspect the wire harness. If okay verify the speedo works properly and tach. Have the engine plugged into Cat ET to monitor switch status in ET for a possible switch problem or software issue. If all tests okay have the ECM software reflashed and updated. Let me know