Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have got this paccar mx engine 2011 in kenworth at my shop

Customer Question

hello sir i have got this paccar mx engine 2011 in kenworth at my shop
got these codes
1) P3856 sensor, def temperature / level
2) P3890 pump module (L074) temperature signal unlikely during cold start
3) P3893 Pump module (L074) heater temp signalwhat could be the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with damaged wiring leading to the def tank sensors causing the codes and issue here.If this has not been checked into this needs done.It may also be a fault with the sensors needing replaced or if this is one complete sensor in one for all of these components the sensor may need replaced as an assembly.This will have to be checked into/tested further to help locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete