Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a c5500 duramax and the electric keeps going out. I

Customer Question

I have a c5500 duramax and the electric keeps going out. I checked all the fuses and they seem fine. My engine shut down light just came on. Could that be the cause for the electric fail?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I have one large one. Don't see another
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2009 Chevy Starcraft c5500 duramax
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I used a fuse detector to see if any fuses are out and they all light up except 2. When I change it, it still doesn't light up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you are intermittently losing electronics or some of the vehicle electronics with this fault here this may be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen some of these switches fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.If this is or was tested and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete