Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

WE keep washing out #4 cylinder in a 60 series Detroit, 12.7

Customer Question

WE keep washing out #4 cylinder in a 60 series Detroit, 12.7 liter. Injectors pop-tested fine, head was magna-fluxed, Stewart & Stevenson put in new injector cups. But it's definitely washing out, we're checking to see if we have fuel in our antifreeze, unsure how to know without draining it. Motor was completely rebuilt, out of frame, machined counter bores and block, and reassembled, and now keep losing the #4 hole. What. The. Hell.?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine? What confuses you?
Customer: The complete model number is *****
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thinking at this point is has to be the injector cups.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If the injectors are electronically controlled it is possible there is damage to the wiring harness to the #4 injector or an issue with the computer itself causing the #4 to dump to much fuel.I have seen this occur before in the past with the wiring needing repaired or computer replaced.I would have this checked into/tested to see if any of these are the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete