Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I hve a 2007 mack granite the truck cranks but does not

Customer Question

i hve a 2007 mack granite the truck cranks but does not start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What enigne do you ahve in this?

Does the check engine light come on an go out before cranking? Are you getting the electric symbol or the shut down lamp on?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The engine is a ami 370 mack
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting the voltage lighting bolt symbol on the dash when you start?

Remove the metal cover on the right side of the engine that is under the manifold. Look at those wires for your umps. The melt often on these engines. Check that first and make sure there are no hard wires or melted ones. These engines are super bad on those harnesses causing no starts because they are melted.

Then pull the ECM connector and look for corrosion, water, or oil. The same engine also tends to push coolant through the harness from the coolant level sensor and will cause issues at the ECM plug.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ye I am getting the lighting symbol when I am cranking the engine
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

That light indicates there is a electrical fault that is causing the engine to not start. it could be a fault that causes the injecotr pumps to not activate. Are you getting smoking from the exhaust indicating you have unburned fuel coming from the engine or are does it look like there is nothing coming from it?

Did you check the injector harness for melting to rule that out since it is a major issue on these engines?