Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a ford f700 with an allison at545 my teeth on the

Customer Question

I have a ford f700 with an allison at545 my teeth on the flex plate are bad so i'm removing the transmission and torque converter and the head of the bolts holding the torque converter are facing the engine but non of the holes in the bell housing line up with the bolts just teeth on the flex plate including the starter how should I go about removing them?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Removing the starter did not allow access? What is the engine? No plate to be removed on the bell housing of the engine?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has a 5.9 Cummings and where the starter is the bolts are half in the bell housing with not enough clearance for them to be unscrewed and the plugs open to where the teeth are not far enough to unscrew the bolts

Let me opt out. I never pulled one on the Cummins. Sorry.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

If this is on the style setup that I am thinking of, I had to use 2 swivels to get to the bolts and a 12 point 10mm socket. I did the top bolt from the top of the engine and reaching down, then the rest from the bottom. I have long arms to be able to reach.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
These are the only 2 places I can see a bolt one is the starter the big hole and the other is the access port you unscrew at the bottom but the bottom one is skinny enough I can't get my wrenches in it and the other the bell housing is to close to the bolt it doesn't have room to unscrew