Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I got this cascadia at my shop i got this CAN fault 524033

Customer Question

hello sir i got this cascadia at my shop
i got this CAN fault 524033
which is for lost communication with sam cab
i m having trouble that the clutch status is changing in sam cab but not in cpc so no cruise and jake brake
what could be problem the cpc or sam cab
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Not a good code to have. That code can truly be a bad SAM cab module. Can you get it to take a reflash to see if it will solve? If not, then check the harness for corrsosion and the SAM cab module to see if it has gotten wet at all. If any signs of wetness, reseal the windshield and the cab lights, then replace the SAM cab module.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are u sure it's the sam cab not the cpc
As there is restriction in status update of clutch in cpc
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

That code is typically the SAM.

You are getting a code in the CPC? Resolve it first. If it isn't talking, it will cause the SAM code. I didn't catch that you had a code on the CPC as well for the clutch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No cpc code
Check the attached file for all codes
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Is the compressor not getting power at all? Fuse for it in the SAM didn't pop did it? It seems like the whole A/C system went down from a bad signal on the clutch. See if you are getting power to it with the clutch unplugged. It should reset and attempt to send power, but don't loop it to the ground to check. Ground out on a ground spot. If you loop it, it will throw the code and shut the circuit down. I learned that the hard way. What I do is I unplug the compressor, reset the codes, then turn the key on and see if I get power there. If so, then check for ground by looping it and see if it is there before it goes down. If so, the clutch is bad. It can throw that code on the SAM because the SAM isn't getting the feed from the A/C circuit.