Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

My 1991 ford f 600 needs a heater core How do you take it

Customer Question

My 1991 ford f 600 needs a heater core How do you take it apart?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: try to remove the housing. I only see two nuts to left of the housing. Is that it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect in the engine bay area as on some models there will be bolts or nuts in the firewall that secure the heater box housing.Once these are located and removed see if the heater box then moves and if it does make sure all hoses and connections are disconnected as well as linkages and see if you can remove it then.If you have checked and unable to locate any other attachments let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete