Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Im haveing problems with my bobcat116 it was running fine

Customer Question

im haveing problems with my bobcat116 it was running fine then it just stopped running and now it won"t turn over at all there was a little ticking noise before it cut off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you know if the ticking noise was coming from the battery area at all?Do you have any electronics that operate at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont know wear the ticking noise was coming from it would come and go but i was at a slow idal and it just shot down ans now it wont do any thing
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,I would have the battery tested to see if it is low.If the cable was loose there is a good chance that the battery was not being charged like it should have been and caused the shut down and no start now.Now that the cable is corrected see if this is/was a low voltage issue with the battery needing recharged or possibly replaced.

If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. then I would check the power and ground cable leading from the battery to see if it is corroded or damaged in any way with any of these cables needing cleaned and tightened at either ends of their connections or if damaged the affected cable needing replaced.

These are the most common causes for what you experienced here.The noise you heard may have been solenoids or a relay losing voltage before the issue occurred due to the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete