Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2008 PINNICALE, CODES- ENGINE 148- CLUSTER 140- ABS 136-

Customer Question

2008 PINNICALE, CODES- ENGINE 148- CLUSTER 140- ABS 136- VECU 144.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 08 MACK PINNICAL N8 (THE BIG 425 HP)
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO. JUST BOUGHT SATURDAY AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT. I HAVE TAKEN BATTERY CABLES OFF AND CLEANED THEM. WHEN I CHECKED VOLTS THEY ALL 3 READ 12.6 AT 90%. PUT ALL BACK IN CANT EVEN GET CONNECTION READING.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The codes you provided are just for the modules that have coded. There is more info needed for those codes such as a MID/SID number and a FMI number that follows those codes.

Engine is address of 128. That is what it means. Same as the ICU aka Cluster has address of 140 (when you have this code, it can mean there is a fault in the CAN BUS network or the cluster itself is shorting out causing all the other codes to appear since it can't read the codes), ABS address of 136, VECU with a address of 144. These are referred to as MID codes or Manufacturer Information Database code. It is the standard used for all vehicles to name the module that has the code.

Does your codes follow with more info? They can look like this for example ENG 128 MID 022 FMI 7. Without the other parts of the codes, they can be over 3,000 different isues that are triggered on the truck.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy