Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My AC 160 ('78 model) blew a hydraulic seal and was pumping

Customer Question

my AC 160 ('78 model) blew a hydraulic seal and was pumping oil into crankcase. Got it renewed with new seals, installed, but isnt activating lift. what i do wrong?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: myself and havent gone passed this point because dont have the psi meter to check it at hi pressure point
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did remove the excess oil from crankcase and refilled the transmission case for hydraulic system. all installation seemed correct and the guys who did the pump resealing said they tested it before I took it home
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Is the pump working and pressuring the oil, or could it have lost the prime to it. Loosen line going to the cylinder end and see if fluid is flowing. No fluid flowing, go back and check for supply side to be vacuum tight, so pump will pull vacuum on the oil. See link below.