Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My fuso canter 2015 4p10 engine,the def light stay on and

Customer Question

my fuso canter 2015 4p10 engine,the def light stay on and the buzzer sound,but still my def tank is full ,it has 3 month now i have this problem ,how to reset it without scanner please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don;t have the greatest news that you most likely won't like, but I am always straight to the point with all my customers. On the 2015 FUSOs, you can't reset the codes without a scanner. They use a protocol set by the EPA called a GHG14 protocol where anything involving the engine or exhaust system, the codes have to reset with a scanner or laptop that has the FUSO capabilities. Trust me, I know this info ins't the greatest. The lobbyists can be thanked for this issue and believe me, it aggravates me as well because I am all for the custoemr being able to do their own work on the equipment while I assist with just the large repairs, which is what most techs want to do. We feel the small repairs like resetting lights is just pulling us away from the bigger jobs.

With that said, you mentioned that you are having a DEF issue with the tank. What has the shop already done with this issue? I'm presuming with it being a 2015 the work was done under warranty. Was the last code related to the DEF tank being empty as well as the issue this time as well? I ask because we have had to changed out a few of these tanks on the 2014 and newer trucks because of these false codes. The trucks from 2014 1/2 to new use the same module that sits on the top of the tanks. I have had several of them that I had to either reprogram or replace completely for this issue. They would all alarm that the tank was empty, but the tank was full AND the gauge showed full. I'm not sure if that is the same case here, but if it is, tell the shop to change that module out and reprogram it while you still have the warranty. They are NOT cheap modules. They average just shy of $600 on those and should be covered under you 3 year no questions asked. Programming is included as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi jeremy
thanks for your answer..
i buy this truck in japan is a used truck not new one ,i don't have guarranty on that,and no proffesional on my country to work on it,please can you telling me a cheap scanner can reset this?cause i have a g-scan 2 and f5g-scan there's no this function on it still i'm update the scanner no support this function..thanks in advance..
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

The FUSO uses special scanners to scan them on the Japan models. They use what is called a MUT 3 scanner. CLICK HERE for a link to get one.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I see you viewed this with no response or positive rating given, therefore the question is still showing as an open question.

Did you still need assistance? Were you able to understand the information I provided above? If you need help, I'm willing to assist more. I just don't want the question to time out due to no reply when help is still needed. If no help is needed, you can reply that as well that you are satisfied with the response and I can then know that this question is resolved for right now.

Thanks!