Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Have a c 13 in a 2005 9400, 750000 miles. getting oil in my

Customer Question

Have a c 13 in a 2005 9400, 750000 miles. getting oil in my radiator. have changed the oil cooler twice with no luck still fills the radiator with oil
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: international 9400 vin is 2hscesbr55c014893, now i am being told it is probably a liner ??
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Most often oil in the radiator is caused by a failed oil cooler. However when it's not. There are two other things that can cause this.The first is a cracked head. It's rare but I see it from time to time.Second is a hole in the liner. This is very rare and when it does happen, only a small amount of oil enters the cooling system. To verify, I like to drop the oil pan and pressurize the cooling system. If a liner has a hole. Coolant will enter the cylinder.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.