Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have an Allison mT653 automatic trans in a International

Customer Question

I have an Allison mT653 automatic trans in a International Rearloader
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer:(###) ###-####and 29501925 are stamped on the metal tag
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the problem whenever it gets hot the truck cannot move.. The gear selects but the truck does not move until it cools down We assume that its loosing pressure and currently installing new front gaskets and seals
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Gear the runs on the PTO was recently replaced because it broke inside the transmission.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When the gears had broken inside the transmission, were there any small pieces that could have been sucked up into one of the solenoids or caught in one of the clutch discs? When you get a no move when hot, it is either a clutch plate is bad causing slipping or there is a solenoid bad on the valve body. It is usually always one of the two on a Allison.

There is a good chance this transmission will need to be dropped and rebuilt if there was any metal that got caught in one of the sun gears which will shred up a clutch disc pretty quick.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I see you viewed this with no response or positive rating given, therefore the question is still showing as an open question.

Did you still need assistance? Were you able to understand the information I provided above? If you need help, I'm willing to assist more. I just don't want the question to time out due to no reply when help is still needed. If no help is needed, you can reply that as well that you are satisfied with the response and I can then know that this question is resolved for right now.

Thanks!