Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 04 volvo semi truck with a meritorious trasmission

Customer Question

Hi I have a 04 volvo semi truck with a meritorious trasmission but I have no power on both shift solenoids
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: K
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked at the main power line which came to the Trans there is power also looked at sefety switch there is power.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know we're is the power lost from ecm to the shift solenoids
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you getting any codes on the display? What was going on that made you have to check the shifters?

Do you have a manual with diagnostics and diagrams or do you need one?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Those shift motors get their power directly from the TECU. If you are not getting any power when the shift is demanded and no ground as well, then thre is a fault in the TECU. Especially since you have power going to the TECU. These transmissions are almost indestructible, but the TECUs do burn out when there are loose connections going to them or the batteries are giving issues. I am in Florida so I have seen them go out from lightning strikes where lightning is really heavy where I am.

I suggest using the Freedomline software aka the Meritor software and see if you can connect to it. If not, then the TECU is bad. The Volvo PTT software can let you know of that as well. Same as any diagnostic codes on the display.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We're is tecu located at the truck cause I looked at every thing there is power on the main wire going to the tran, safety switch have power but them 2 valve solenoids no power on them
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K can he answer my question pls
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really don't know how u can help me, cause I ask question no reply so I have to sit here waiting a day for one answer. This is Cruz 4 sure. Change me about 50 dollars no help. Think about this
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

I'm opting out for you didn't reply to me until the afternoon. I work nights on here and days in a shop.

Since I am unable to respond when you would like, I will opt out for someone that can respond on your time frame sine I am unable to.

Good day and good luck.