Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Well first of all i get zero power to it not even the radio

Customer Question

hi, well first of all i get zero power to it not even the radio so it doesn't start obviously
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: its a 2006 Freightliner M2 106 mercedes engine
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i attempted too but i don't know anything about diesel engines basically I have charged both batteries enough to get it to point where i get power, radio etc. but the engine won't turn over to start
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no besides that i get these codes on the dash once i do get power to it .... 3_22 ECU 128 bH164
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is this a manual or automatic transmission? If manual, see if you are getting power to the small starter wire. If not, power it and see if the starter will spin and the truck starts. The reason is you could have a bad neutral safety switch.

If automatic, it will most likely have the Allison. Does the Allison show a N on the display? Check the starter wire for it as well to rule out the starter. If it is good, do under the hood to the relay box. You will have one marked for the starter. See that you have 2 power and 2 grounds when the key is turned. If not, then the issue could be the neutral switch on the transmisison not sending the ground for the starter relay. If you get the 2 powers and the 2 grounds, then you have a bad relay.

On the code, the 3_22 ECU is the version of software on the cluster. The ECU 128 means there is a code and the bh 164 means the code is in the bulkhead module for the ABS system. If you press the diagnostic button again, you will get a SiD code for what the fault actually is. The ABS system will not keep the truck from starting.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy