Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2012 Fuso Rosa bus @ 165,000kms & it keeps blocking DPF & I

Customer Question

2012 Fuso Rosa bus @ 165,000kms & it keeps blocking DPF & I have to do a burn every 100kms
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2012 Mitsubishi BE600 FUSO ROSA Model - be64djrmdfae its a 25 seat bus
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm a mechanic I service this bus, it all of a sudden brought on the DPF light so I did a burn off & gave it back the driver she came back in 2 days saying it had done it again so I did a double burn off & gave it back to her but it blocks up DPF at about 100 -120km & if you keep driving it brings on the engine light & goes into a limp mode or just gutless from DPF getting to blocked, After every burn off the DPF differential pressure goes back to zero KPA, but it just slowly builds up over 100kmas until it hits 40KPA & that's when the light comes back on
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thinks that explains most I have checked exhaust brake seems to be ok, I was told there was a oil reset that needs doing after each service which I don't think had been getting done, I'm not sure but I held the trip meter button & turned the key on & it got me to a number that I reset to 20
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Has this filter ever been pulled off and been baked? Do any other codes come up when the truck comes in for the issues? usually when the DPF system acts up, as far as sensors or doser, it will code out and not let you even do the parked regen on it.

I asked about getting the filter pulled and baked is because there may be too much soot caked in the waffle cones in the center of the filter. What we will do is pull the filter and have it cleaned in the filter machine, then flip it and install it the opposite way it was in there. Mitsubishi recommends this when you reinstall the filter after it is in the baking machine to blow out the remaining soot. If you don;t have the machine, then run the regen, let it cool overnight, then drop the filter, flip it, and then put back in to see what it does. It may have soot trapped in it that is hard and will not blow out. If that happens, the filter will need to be replaced. We get a few in that we have to replace, but usually flipping them will blow out the larger chunks of the ash and it does fin for awhile.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy