Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a kubuta L3830 that will start for a second and you

Customer Question

I have a kubuta L3830 that will start for a second and you can hear the fuel solenoid click back off?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Serial is 32454 and its L3830D
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes , changed all the filters, checked all every limit switch I could find like neutral switch, seat switch etc. , you turn on the key and sloinoid clicks on then clicks right back off.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Fuel solenoid has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on. Does it loose voltage when the key is in the on position? It typically has two coils, one is for hold and is used to keep engine running, the other coil is used only for start, and pulls the solenoid into the hold position, where the small coil keeps it open. If it looses voltage to it, the wire to the solenoid is loosing the voltage. If it has voltage and drops out, the solenoid is bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I put a test light on the two wires they both light up briefly then both go out , looking at the brightness of the light it seams to be getting 12 at each wire for a second?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not near the tractor
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check the wire colors at the fuel solenoid and then check under dash at the three relays, for same color. One of these relay is the relay that holds the fuel solenoid. Link below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

# 10 , two relay, and # 20 OPC relay. One of these is not staying energized for the fule solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok that sounds good
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I think it will be a bad relay. To run the tractor, you can slip the solenoid and run the engine.