Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

1999 topkick gas vin 1gdl7h1dxxj520375 won't start starter

Customer Question

1999 topkick gas vin 1gdl7h1dxxj520375 won't start starter relay no ground possible ecm?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been away fro a few days and see this is still waiting here. Do you still need assistance with this? I have the circuit diagram by CLICKING HERE if you need it.

As you can see in the diagram, the ECM powers on the positive side of the relay. It grounds to the chassis. On the other side, it powers from the fusible link and grounds on the starter. Which side are you losing the ground?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy