cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a pair of 2007 Kenworth T600, with Cummins isx. I

I have a pair of 2007 Kenworth T600, with Cummins isx. I noticed on one of them the turbo pisses air from what looks like a plate between the actuator and the turbo. Is this normal. Attached is the picture. The air comes from the rectangular metal plate at the bottom. The plate is a little loose. On my other one it moves but doesn't feel loose.

What is the engine serial number? Can you send the pic as well ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The picture is part of the original question. Here it is again.

The pic did not come thru on the original question or if would not have asked for it again.. .... Thanks There should be no air passing thru the actuator body or turbo. If so it has failed . There are turbo updates that address the cross shaft being loose and leaking oil. That would require replacing the whole turbo. If air is leaking from just the actuator than only the actuator needs to be replaced.. Pllease don't forget to rate my service

Hi, Just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you see the picture, do you see the plate I'm talking about? The driver reports plenty of boost and no change in it over the past year.

Yes the plate you are referring to is called the cross shaft. and the air is leaking from the actuator.; That is a sign of a bad actuator. since there is no air present at the cross shaft,Only oil. if the cross shaft is that loose it should be looked at and the repair is replacing the turbo.please don't forget to rate my service.