Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen,
Experience:  Lead technican at Astleford international trucks
96118949

I have a 2006 international 4400 with the dt570.it has been

Hi i have a 2006 international 4400 with the dt570.it has been parked for about a month and was all running fine when parked. Now it just cranks and wont fire. Checked the hand primer and it is hard so there is pressure to there. I pulled the codes from the dash 15:00 625_14A is the only code. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hi im alex, unfortunately the dash codes are worthless for engine issues, do you have any way of reading engine data?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No unfortunatly not.

ok when cranking does it show engine oil pressure on dash gauge

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
50psi

what is the engine rpm when cranking on dash

in the front cover by the HP oil pump there is a temp sensor in the front cover, if you pull that you should get oil out, then you know the pump is getting oil

also when you turn the key on do you hear the injectors buzzing/clicking?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont hear the injectors buzzing just the turbo waste gate opening and closing. Yes lots of oil comes out of the sensor. And rpm gauge shows 200rpm but the batterys are a bit low have them on charge now.

ok if you dont here the injectors i would check the IDM relay in the fuse box under the hood

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just swapped out the idm relay with the starter relay and still the same

ok will it start on starting fluid and then die out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It gets to almost running but not quite

hmm this will be hard to figure out without out a computer, if you crank on it for a while does the check engine light come on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could it point to a ipr valve? Im pretty sure i have one on the shelf

ok great, yes it defiantly could be, they like to stick closed after sitting a extended period of time

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay i will swap it out and get back to you

ok sounds good

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Turns out we had used the ipr i had on the shelf so i will grab another from the scrap yard later today. Now my sister truck to this one has just broken down with the same issue. He parked it at a customer and now wont restart. He is saying it is only building to 7psi on the oil pressure gauge. What should they build to

cranking is 15psi minimum usually they are about 25 at cranking

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay is there anything to be looking for on the not building enough oil pressure? He said it is strugglingto get the 7psi

well oil level obliviously, but usually when they wont build oil pressure it is a cracked pickup tube or regulator stuck, sometimes they have pump failures but not very often