Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

2000 Hino 1817. Starts and idles no problem. Accelerate off

Customer Question

2000 Hino 1817. Starts and idles no problem. Accelerate off idle and engine rough runs with lots of unburnt fuel in exhaust. Continueaccelerating just smokes all the more and rough run.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model uses a mass air flow sensor this sensor can send an incorrect signal and cause this type of fault here needing replaced.I have also seen issues in some cases with a restricted exhaust component in the exhaust that can cause this fault here needing replaced.I would have the exhaust checked/tested to see if a component needs replaced.If this is or was already checked let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Sent vehicle to dealership.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

O.k.,once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Thanks Pete. Dealer report was that the Injector pump had failed. $4500.00 to repair it. Vehicle is not worth that much - tons of other work needed on it. I think customer will scrap it.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 days ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was out of town.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete