Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

2009 F-650 With a Caterpillar C7 The truck will not shut off

Customer Question

2009 F-650 With a Caterpillar C7 The truck will not shut off when we shut the key off. Have to suffocate the engine.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
To shut off the engine. Power must be removed from pin 70 of the ecm. Since your engine is not shutting off. Power is either still being supplied to pin 70 or you have a faulty ecm.
I would remove the rear most connector on the engine ecm. If you have power on pin 70 with the key off. You have either a failed ignition relay or ignition switch.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
DO you have a wiring diagram so I can confirm I have th right pin? Or a connector View?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 days ago.
I can get you one. Be back shortly.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 days ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.