Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I got the inside of my door off the cable is not broke, i

i got the inside of my door off the cable is not broke, i can see the cable working but i still cant open the door
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2007 D16
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi my name is***** if you can access the latch mechanism to verify it is functional. Try to manually operate the latch from inside the door. Sounds like the latch has either failed or is jammed. in some cases might have to be cut or drilled to get the latch to release and the latch replaced. Before doing so try to manually release it. check the opposite side door for its operation so you know which way you need to release it. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I did , it was all gummed up I cleaned it all up and now it works good. Thank you ***** *****

Thanks for the update Robert and it was a pleasure to help. Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits us for our time helping on the site.