Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen,
Experience:  Lead technican at Astleford international trucks

I own a 2012 prostar wih a maxxforce 13. Also have regen

Customer Question

hi, I own a 2012 prostar wih a maxxforce 13. Also have regen question. Recently found and repaired an exhaust leak at the manifold and a cracked turbo housing. Regens were not completing and were daily, Once the repairs were done we went about a week in between parked regens, now it is happening very day or other day. There has not yet been an auo regen done by the truck since we have owned it approx 18 weeks. Usually it will shhow a level 1 dpf alarm, then progress to 2 at which time we o a 45 min park regen. Every time it starts at a level 1 it says "parked regen neccessary see visor" Not sure if it should say "continue at hwy speeds or complete parked regen" or not. Regardless we have continued rving at hwy speeds pre and post repair but it never does it on its own, it wont clear itself and I never hear theengine rev etc while driving. Last night I was driving at approx 62mph when the waning code came on with beep (level 3) it just skipped 1 and 2 alogether. luckily I was whee i could pull over and do a parked regen. do you think its the doser, or igniter, or doc? or any ideas? I am not mechanically inclined on the trucks, but I can work on older cars somewhat (experience level is low)
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 8 days ago.

Hi I'm Alex, I know these engines like the back of my hand. Hard to pinpoint what the exact problem is with out servicemax software but the dosers plug up all the time as well as the doc, I have put tons of doc in these for frequent regen

Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 8 days ago.

also yes at level 1 you can continue at highway speeds, it does not say that in the cluster display but it will on the visor decal

Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 2 days ago.

i would like to get this closed out do you need any more help on this? i f not please rate me and i will close it out, if you do still need help rate me and then comment and i will keep it open for further assistance, i will give you a second question free of charge with a rating of 5 stars. thank you