Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Red oil light on and wont start i checked oil is fine

Customer Question

red oil light on and wont start i checked oil is fine checked all fluids are fine
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: komatsu pc228 uslc3
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: to disconnect battery for a few minutes to try and reset computer
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was running ftne then at the end of the day the diplay screen habe a red oil sign on and the screen would not turn off so i tried to re start the machine but it only beeps and will not start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

To new to have any schematics on the unit. But with oil light on, I assume you have no starter function, stater is not turning the engine, due to lockout from oil safety system. Machine thinks it has oil problem, so no start. With key on, unplug one oil sensor at a time to see if the oil light will go out, trying to isolate which sender is causing problem. Then check that system. You have a voltmeter that you can check battery voltage? If battery voltage is low, below 12 volts, you will get same result, no starter engagement.