Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen,
Experience:  Lead technican at Astleford international trucks
96118949

2009 international prostar vin #2HSCUAPR89C092581AND 2010

Customer Question

2009 international prostar vin #2HSCUAPR89C092581AND 2010 international prostar vin#3HSCUAPROAN210710 cab swap. So what I have is these two truck one damage cab and one with bad motor. 2009 was bad motor it was my truck I purchased the 2010 with cummins. So instead of shaping engine and Trany I swapped cab as it was easy for me. I put 2009 cab over 2010 chasie everything else belongs to 2010 except cab. So 2009 was 13 speed and 2010 10 speed.i installed ecm from 2009 bad motor engine because 2010 was missing ecm. I didn't change any perimeter everything works great except engine fan always on and abs module triangle on and traction control on. Please check and advise if anything needs to be programed or changed. In 6th gear some rpm a bit higher but truck runs good. See picture for brake faults
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Alex Olsen replied 8 months ago.

hi im alex, you will have to program the ABS ecu with the engine SN

for the fan i would look in cummins insite and see what the fan state is to see if engine is requesting it or its a seting issue,

is there a manual fan switch on dash?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In in site what exactly I would be looking at ? Which monitor? And how do I program abs with bendix software ? Do I need to change anything for Trany?

go to data monitor in insite, then from the list click on engine fan state and it will show why fan is on.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok what about programing abs ecu?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if insite fan stat is off then what give me scenario so that way I'll continue to diagnose

hmm crap that's right the ecu Vin is not programmable, it looks at the ecm for the vin

so you will have to switch the brake ecu or run the wrong ESN in the engine

or do you have the ecu from truck engine was in?

you said see picture for brake faults, can you post that again i do not see a picture on my screen

if it says fan off for a state i would check the fan valve for power and good air supply

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I pull the ecm from the old 2009 truck so ECM And Body Controller computer belongs to same truck 2009 .
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Brake ecu is in cab right not on chasie? If it is in cab then all three computers truck computer, engine computer and brake computer belongs to same truck

yes sir its on the passenger side outer kick panel, what codes do you have ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
See attached pic

ok perfect thanks, ***** ***** sensor is located on the rear air bag on the drivers side the yaw sensor is by the back of cab by the cab suspension its a rectangular box with a round plug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is it telling me I'm misding the sensor wire not plugged or I need new sensor ?

its saying its not seeing it so make sure it is there could be different from the 09

do you need any more help with this?

I am an Independent contractor and do not receive any compensation untill you rate my service, if you have any follow-up questions after rating they will be free of charge.thanks

i would like to get this closed out do you need any more help on this? i f not please rate me and i will close it out, if you do still need help rate me and then comment and i will keep it open for further assistance, i will give you a second question free of charge with a rating of 5 stars. thank you