Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Have a 2000 Ford F650 with a Allison 2000 transmission in

Customer Question

have a 2000 Ford F650 with a Allison 2000 transmission in it.
Vehicle went into range inhibit mode, check transmission. vehicle wont go into revense and on will drive 18 mph in forword
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
codes
B 1352
b 1322
c1446
p 0720
c1159
Range inhibit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
changed output sensor
shifter cable
neutral safety switch - cracked
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are these codes current codes? Are htey what was displayed on the transmission?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took wiring harness off outside of transmission put it on table and checked it out had 2 wires bare and touching each other fixed those and a few more wires. Put back on. Thsee are the codes that have come after
B1352
B1322
C1446
B1575
B2135
C1159
C1270
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Truck will not pull in reverse or forward
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

These are the code on the transmission display?

That is a lot of codes and when I usually see a lot of codes like that, the transmission has 1 of 5 issues.

1) Power fluctuations to the TECU.

2) Ground issues at the TECU.

3) Harness needs to be replaced on the TECU.

4) Bad shift solenoids inside the transmisison.

5) Bad TECU.

I know you did the external harness, but what about the internal one? Does it look good? No oil getting pushed out of the harness at the junction plug?

Also, when I see bare wire issues on the TECU harness, I just change for a new onw. You could also have a need to reprogram the TECU do to voltage shorting issues if the TECU didn;t go bad from the bare wires. Allison transmissions are really bad on shorting out the TECUs on them when the wires short out like that. They are more sensitive to voltage issues than the ECM on the truck is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They external main plug did have transmission fluid coming out of it.
Can a used tcm be programmed to the vehicle.
Does it have to be programmed by a dealer or is there a procedure to progrsm
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

It needs to be programmed by wither the dealer or another shop that has the Ford IDS tool and/or Allison software.