Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

4.5 cf 500 international or ford cab over. 6 cyl 6.0 type.

Customer Question

Oil gauge reads 25 always has new oil sending unit and regulator, the fuel desired and actual as you are watching will spike to 11k all over more then truck runs at and sometimes, its one or other. Sometimes the excell pedal goes blank tryed twins computer still the same.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged or shorted wiring running to the computer/engine computer and see if any issues are found.If any issues are found with shorted or damaged wiring or connections to the computer or running from the computer this will need resolved to correct this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I don't know what else to do with this truck if you drive 65 on the interstate it starts to loose power then shuts off. The last time it had no codes, rechecked all o ring and replaced a couple.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I replaced computer, regulator, press sensor rail, fuel pump, went through all seals, ?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 days ago.

Does the actual fuel rail pressure reading act up the same time the engine starts to lose power and stalls out?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Well the I drove it it never acting up when I had to computer connected. After I gave it back to the driver it shut down a short while after he got off the interstate.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 days ago.

Is there any way you can check the fuel rail pressure readings when it acts up?