Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Have mm57sr aka cat 305sr *E7H00606* excavator. Right front

Customer Question

Have mm57sr aka cat 305sr *E7H00606* excavator. Right front idler and it's assembly and probably track adjuster need to be replaced.Also electronic control component no longer functions properly in all modes except one which allows machine to run without shutting down after several minutes of operation.Are there parts,service,operating manual's available? Can you tell what year it was made?My email is***@******.*** and phone is(###) ###-####Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: MM57SR *E7H00606* is painted on CAT colors with cat model no 305 SR over blue Mitsubishi on open cab and has a K4N Mitsubishi motor
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Machine runs exceptionally well.Electronic control used to work in all modes but no longer does.It only works on one setting without shutting off by itself after several minutes of operation Has only 2100 hrs on clock does not leak anywhere.Amazinglypowerful for such a small excavator
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Where can I get parts most economically priced. Remanufactured,used,salvaged, aftermarket? I have spent hours trying to find the the info I asked you for and stumbled onto your website and am looking forward to your response.Thank you very much
Expert:  cat_engines_only replied 26 days ago.

Unfortunately, these machines are often called "grey market" as they were not designed for US markets.

While it may look like a 305 CAT it is usually very different. Parts sizing will not always match the US 305 model.

You can try aftermarket brands to fit some of the track parts. Your CAT dealer can also help locate some brands other than CAT to help you with the cost. Some used parts divisions of the CAT dealers are helping with the "off" brand undercarriage parts as well.

It has been my experience that none of the wiring will match anything in the US market so, you will not find any books or manuals to help you.

As far as the machine shutting off, this is not normally designed into these machines. They may reduce power but, for safety reasons, shutdown systems are not used. It is the operator's decision as WHERE a safe place to stop the machine would be best.

I would look for lost electrical power from a weak or failed alternator and/or poor connections on battery or power connections to the starter, alternator and fuses/breakers. Also check the keyswitch for loose wires.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
From the model/serial nos I provided can you tell what year it is?Is it possible mitsubishi can help since the model MM57SR is their model #?If so, can you suggest who/how to contact.Does cat sanction having these "grey" market machines bear their color and logo and if so how can they not be able to provide at least part replacement?Do you know of any other place maybe overseas that can help? Have checked for loose wires ,there are none.Battery is 4 years old, excavator has always been stored out side and restarted at least 30 to 40 times before I was able to get the right combination and sequence that allows the engine to run continuously. If I don't touch the electronic control it runs fine at idle through maximum throttle.Photo is electronic control

I do not have anyway to tell what non-US models are nor any information about parts cross reference for something that old.

CAT did not plan on these machine being in any market other than Japan and still do not print and translated material for them. Some late B and C models have a cross-reference to US models but, CAT notes that they are not liable for any differences or repair concerns.

Equipment brokers either bypass laws or found a way around them to import these machines. The only one I know of is in VA, Joe Gomer Equipment Sales. He has even had some luck identifying parts that can match these machines.

Undercarriage parts are usually sourced at their own sales branches. You could do any internet search and find some close to you that may help. Just remember this machine's status as an import may cause problems.

I have seen one control similar to that one but it was only for a payload limiter. If it was used, the machine would not lift anything. The guy that had it told me they never touch it and the machine would work fine. It is something that has never been used in the US machines.