Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Wipers will not work

Customer Question

wipers will not work
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the year, make, model of the vehicle you are working on?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
t(###) ###-####kenworth
Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

Have you checked to see that there is power going to the wiper motor itself when the switch is turned on?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
there is have changed the motor and turn signal switch checked fuse....put a test light on hot wire and touch all of the other 3 prongs with switch in low,hi and interminten and nothing happens been told that the are grounded to make work
Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

There is 5 wires that go to the motor. Red, green, blue, black, and white. White is ground. See that you have a constant ground. Red is the main power. Check that you have the main power and the main grounds. This is how you can then see if you are having issues there, the switch, or the cab harness.

The wires are the same colors at the switch as well.

CLICK HERE for the diagram. It isn't pretty, but it is what they have for it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

The red should have power all the time. If you are getting the power to it, then the next is to go to the switch and see that you are getting the return to the switch for the grounds. If not, then there is an issue at the cab harness where the plugs are or the ground is being lost at the motor. If you are getting the returns back to the other wires, then the ground issue is at the switch and you can run a new ground to the switch or check the ground wire in the dash harness where it grounds on the left side of the cab, up and behind the dash, about even with the dash display.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
There's no white wire and black
Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

Are they all white on your with the wire numbers only?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Read message above ..
There's red blue green yellow and black