Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Working on a 1993 Ford 600 School bus with a 5.9 Cummings

Customer Question

Working on a 1993 Ford B 600 School bus with a 5.9 Cummings diesel that died driving down the road. I took the fuel filter between the lift pump and the injection pump off and turned it over and it appears to be pumping fuel and the fuel filter has fuel in it. The air filters are not plugged up and it will fire on starting fluid
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help If you have confirmed no leaks or restrictions between the tank and pump and you are not sucking in air in the lines on the suction side then check the fuel shutoff solenoid for power at the injection pump and make sure it is moving the control rack/fuel shutoff in the pump for fuel on. Look for smoke while cranking over. If no smoke but the pump has good fuel supply crack loose the injection lines to check fuel delivery. If there is little to no fuel delivery, your injection pump needs rebuilt. Let me know