Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I'm working on a d39 p - 1 Komatsu Dozer I fix the oil leak

Customer Question

I'm working on a d39 p - 1 Komatsu Dozer I fix the oil leak on the scavenger pump on the suction side the fitting was loose in the pump the throttle when it came in would only throw up about halfway because the cable was messed up do I repair the throttle so I can get throttle ran for about 2 hours and it pump the hydraulic fluid into the rear main housing lift brake pedal doesn't work I pulled the winch cover off the back of the rear main frame when you can see oil coming in from the top I could not tell from where so I pulled the top cover one line come from the brake pedal valve and one line come from the park brake valve
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. The flywheel housing is overfilling you mean? sounds like the pump seal has failed and forcing oil into the housing from the drive seal. What is you machine serial number?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ser.(###) ###-####095542 rear end takes motor oil has hydraulic steering and brake inside
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I haven't replaced any pumps I repaired leak on sucksion side off charge pump

Click on the links I posted and you can access the parts manual that way. Let me know where this leak you are seeing is as it is tough to be sure what you are referring to without being there or having some kind of pictures or video. Maybe it will be easier by identifying with the parts book by page and /or part number so I can go right to the pages.

So it is engine oil leaking from the rear main into the converter housing not hydraulic oil transferring?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Look up drive train scamatic in service manual
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Rear drive train housing takes 5w 30 motor oil