Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2000 dt466e engine and the oil/water just start

Customer Question

I have a 2000 dt466e engine and the oil/water just start flashing,water level ok,oil is ready for change... I have a few codes 111-145-143-222-332-123-122-211-323-225 new ones 513-514 can you guys help me out
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: International dt 4700 sn/. 470HM2U1249430
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did replace the ICP SENSOR
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Fist off, when you have that many codes, check the main power and grounds on the engine, then clear them out and see what actually returns. A lot of codes like that indicates there is a loose wire at the batteries, alternator is going out, loose ground on the frame, battery cables are faulting, or something else related.

Once they are checked and tested, then clear the codes. Those that return are then what to focus on.

That is not normal to have so many codes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All the wiring connection looking good
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How to clear the codes on this engine international dt466e 2000
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Codes 513 and 514 what they means..oil/water light comes on 20 seconds after I start the engine
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

513*
INJ
High Side to Bank 1 Open

514*
INJ
High Side to Bank 2 Open

These both mean there is an electrical issue with the wiring harness. Are there any signs of oil being pushed at all through the injector harness?

Here is the list of the rest of the codes.

To rest them, you will need the International software to do it. The software is called Service Assistant.

111
ECM
No Fault Detected - Flash code only

145
CMP
CMP signal inactive while ICP has increased

143
CMP
Wrong number of CMP signal transistions per cam revolution

222
BRAKE
Brake Switch Circuit fault

332*
ICP
Injection Control Pressure above spec with engine off

122*
MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure Signal is inactive

123
MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) above spec. level at low idle

211*
EOP
Engine Oil Pressure Signal out of range LOW

323
ECL
Engine Coolant Level below warning / critical level

225 is transmission error code. No other info follows

I can provide the full troubleshooting trees for all these codes for $15. I will load them into a file so you can pull them up and save them to your hard drive. Let me know if you need them. This is for all the codes. I am sending the offer to you now. The fee is the tech fee that is charged to me to pull all for this VIN.