Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2007 Isuzu NPR 4 cylinder diesel 4-H K1 with a turbo and DPF

Customer Question

2007 Isuzu NPR 4 cylinder diesel 4-H K1 with a turbo and DPF having problem with safe limp mode
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just to give you more of an insight of what I'm dealing with here is 4 cylinder diesel 4-H K1 has been completely rebuilt from a company called cast technology replaced everything top to bottom injectors fuel rail common rail tubing piping jector pump Turbo all new install the motor Prime the oil system Prime the fuel started up no problem had 9 codes worked it all out down the 2 because had to do exhaust DPF to the port had half of the Bates replace the other half DPF alone was $2,600 I currently have no code truck is running runs good smooth idle start driving 45 - 60 everything is running good kicks in the safe mode no check engine light no warning lights I'm at a loss here
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If it is throwing no ned codes and everything is in specs with the rebuild your next step is to reflash/reprogram the ECM with the most current software updates. You problem is most likely software related as the existing software learned the behavior of the engine before overhaul. If the ECM will not successfully take a reflash and update, replace the faulty ECM. Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dan this is Duane I appreciate the advice I will certainly look into that something new has appeared check engine light just came on but only after safe mode kicks in and that is idle air control system voltage low any thoughts
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Again only after safe mode

Thanks for the update. What are the fault code numbers you have? I should have some technical information but they are listed by the code numbers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay Dan no problem I will send them first thing in the morning I already left the shop for the evening okay thanks

Okay. Sounds good