Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2004 Freightliner Columbia with a 14L Detroit

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Freightliner Columbia with a 14L Detroit Series 60 motor and an Eaton 10 Speed ultra shift transmission. The numbers on the odometer started flashing yesterday, the backlight stays on the whole time. It's just the digits on the display that are flashing. The last 8 of the vin is 4PN31544.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. are the pixels all there meaning is any poart of the display missing and what is flashing as far as the actual mileage or other characters? Can you access the other menus by pressing and holding the mode/reset button? Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the data is flashing. If you change it to trip or any other mode, the pixels that are the numbers and letters are flashing.

Thanks for the update. Lets first disconnect the batteries and reconnect at the main power and main ground on the batteries, wait 10 minutes and reconnect. See if the problem still exists. It is likely there was a temporary loss of power to the body controller or cluster. Check the harness and connector pins for loose or poor connections. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?