Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My 2017 freightliner 101000 miles only .air leak been in

Customer Question

Hi ,my 2017 freightliner 101000 miles only .air leak been in seven times fixed since day one ...still bottom gauge leaks to 60 psi in 20 minutes .on opti idle will wake us up with buzzer .?
2) just now 1hr ago drive tires on drivers side .inside of tires peeling like rubbing on something ???what ???
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Waiting for a tech inside to look at it .just want the truth .so we can go from there .
Expert:  Jeremy replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

1) Have the tech check the cab air bags. We have been getting a lot of the 2017s back with cab air bags leaking. If this truck was the piggy back during the transport, the air bags on the cab may have been twisted and are leaking.

2) If you are getting peeling on the tires, the iar bags in the rear are mis-adjusted or are the cause of the leak on the air. II would have that system checked thoroughly. Again, that is an issue we have had on some of the piggy back trucks. The tires are rubbing on the bottom of the trailer from the air bags leaking down to much. Tell the tech to check that syatem over with soapy water, not just a hand grab check.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 22 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?