Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have 2 active codes in 2011 freightliner cascadia.

Customer Question

I have 2 active codes in 2011 freightliner cascadia. Wondering what it means, (SAM open controller 249s254 05). The other one says SAM sa33 spn52190905
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

That code is related to lighting and shouldn't shut the truck down.

Are the fluid levels good? Do you still have a green light on the fuel filter setup?

I'll verify the codes online as soon as I return to the shop. Currently in the field and on way back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just had all filters replaced, including the fuel filter, and the fluid levels are also good
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In fact just had all injectors and harness replaced, than realised due to the bad injectors the egr cooler got packed with carbon residue so I had to replace it as well( just last week)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello just wondering if you had a chance to get back to the shop and verifi the codes, Im glad its nothing that will shut me dn but just so I know were the issue , and make a rational plan on wether to go to the shop now or wait till my brake. Thank you
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for not getting back sooner. I couldn't get online. Yahoo was hacked and my account passwords were changed, then I use another yahoo account to verify this account and I had to fight all morning to get my passwords fixed.

249s254 05

Trailer brake lamps below normal or open circuit. Fuse 23 or relay 7 at the SAM cab might be defective. Test and see if they are missing or damaged. If not, start checking the pigtail and the trailer.

SAM sa33 spn52190905

The one is a short in the left turn signal.

Both of these can be related. Check the turn signals on the trailer and then check the relays in the fuse box on the firewall. That relay number 7 gives a bunch of issues and we swap them a lot because of the different codes it always provides.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 27 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?