Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I've got a 97 mack cl600, and the stationary variable speed

Customer Question

I've got a 97 mack cl600 , and the stationary variable speed pto NEUTRAL light comes on randomly and governs the truck down to 1300 rpms for no reason. How can I stop this ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you getting any fault codes? Sounds like a possible wiring harness issue or ECU software issue. Let me know what you have for codes. Plugging ingo the ECU with the scan tool that reads live data will let you monitor switch status, etc. and help narrow down a wiring or ECU problem. If it points to ECU i'd try reprogramming before replacement as it could be a software glitch. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No codes. Just randomly light come on and I get governed. Is there a way to bypass it ?

Unfortunately not. What is the engine model and serial number from the ID tag. I will check to see if I have an ECU schematic to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well , I traced the leads from the indicator and disconnected it from a module in the fuse panel area. My credit card was charged $56 dollars for asking for help. How do I get it refunded ?Thanks , Karl