go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

Will a faulty clutch switch on a Cascadia cause only a no

Customer Question

will a faulty clutch switch on a Cascadia cause only a no crank situation or can it also cause a no start issue even though it cranks ???
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 2 months ago.
Good evening
The clutch switch controls the cranking of the truck only and Cruz disagement
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is the correct answer. I'm sorry, I didn't word my question correctly. What I'm really after is "what is or can interupt the power supply to the ECM ignition power supply. The ignition switch works and supplies ignition signal in the dash but it doesn't get to the relay / distribution box on the Lh fender. Is the power supply to the relay controlled by Sam cab module or Sam chassis module or is there another relay in the fuse panel that I don't know about ?? I

Ok
Can I get the last six of you vin please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, Was my last service call of the day. I have a screen shot of ESN but not the truck vin. I have to go back in the morning but don't have access to internet out there. The more I think about it, the more I think the ignition switch signals the SAM cab module who relays the power to the ignition ECM power power supply on the Lh fender. Sorry to have bothered you. Thank you, ***** ***** it out.

Ok
Come back tommorow with the vin if you still need help.