Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

On a mxs engine that was missing and than shut off, now it

Customer Question

on a mxs engine that was missing and than shut off , now it wont start, or if does it runs rough for about 2 min and shuts off. check fuel press 80psi. a lot of air bubbles comin
over the return from the head
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Does the yellow or red engine lights come on just before it shuts down?
Will it start right back up after shutdown? Or is it hard to start like there's air in the fuel?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

its is hard to start just like it got air in the system

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the information.
If you have good fuel pressure, 80. I must first suspect compression getting past an injector. If the pressure was low, I would suspect sucking air. Also, you could have good pressure and a bad hand primer if your checking pressure before the primer.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

what is a good way of finding which injector it is, and i am checking my fuel pressuse after the hand primer

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
The only way I have been able to verify which one is to remove all the injector. If compression is getting past one. It will be black on the bottom.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
One more thing. You could also have bad fuel. May want to check that first.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.