Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2012 Hino 338 I recently got the SCR system

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a 2012 Hino 338 I recently got the SCR system malfunction alert and the dealer where I bought changed the filter system and now the alert is back. I had a truck mechanic look into it and he is getting the "Malfunction of the Burner Control unit " warning on his computer. We tried everything and nothing removes this alert and the truck won't drive more than 5mph.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is the mechanic using the Hino software? If so, can he run a program of the system to rule out a software not match on it as well as run a test on the metering valve?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 25 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?