Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2013 4300 with a dt466 it's the new regen engine. I

Customer Question

I have a 2013 4300 with a dt466 it's the new regen engine. I have a misfire on #4 injector. I have replaced injector, cleaned out high pressure oil valve body, replaced valve cover harness, and it still has misfire with a code. It is driving me crazy.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Randall. My name is***** the injector is new and compression is good and no restrictions of fuel and oil to the injector it has to be a problem in the wire harness or ECM itself. I would take a very close look there. Let me know

The ECM is the only thing left. Possible faulty injector driver

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked the ECM and wiring it's all good. My injector #4 fault is now in healing mode. I was wondering if on these internationals if an injector is still missing some that it might not throw a code. I think it's still missing on a cylinder. It sounds like it anyway but I have no more injector codes.

Thanks for the update. It is possible for an injector to have a mechanical problem and not throw a code. You would need to do an injector and cylinder test using the international diagnostic software Service maxx to troubleshoot this further and determine if there is still and actual problem. You could also reflash and update the ECM software to the most current updates and see if it helps the engine run smoother. Let me know