Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

Where working on a say 500–40 forklift, and cannot get the

Customer Question

Where working on a say 500–40 forklift, and cannot get the outer plate off of the brakes what do we do?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: C55-40
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer:(###) ###-####3611. Type G
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We're down to a plate with a gear to the left and have removed all visible bolts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Brake are inside the axle housing. Have you removed the axle end from the housing, taking out half the bolts from the outer ring on the outside, and the other half from inside, where the upright is?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Brake drum then has a snap ring that is removed and brake drum slipped back to access the brakes.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Looks like this, I worked for a Clark dealer if you need more information. Thanks, ***** ***** below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response? Please rate using the 5 star system to close and get me credit!