Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

1997international with auto trans will start but no throttle

Customer Question

1997international with auto trans will start but no throttle response has codes131-211-then131 again -224 -615 should throttle work even with codes on and eng-warn
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: model 4700 it is a bucket truck I don't have serial no handy
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I put a new tps on it
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is the engine model you have in this truck?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the engine is t444e

Have there been any gains since you posted your question? Do you still need assistance with all symptoms or is there an update of progress?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have changed the throttle position sensor and the cam timing sensor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have time now I am leaving for today

131 APS/IVSAPS signal out-of-range low

211EOPEngine Oil Pressure signal out-of-range low

Code 224

On every power up KAM memory in the ECM is checked by the processor to determine if any information in memory has been lost or can be stored correctly. A fault code will be set if power has been disconnected, information sent from the VPM does not agree with the last power up or if the memory internal to the ECM is defective.

There is no fault detection for loss of KAM power to the the VPM, however, the VPM will be unable to communicate with the Electronic Service Tool (EST) when the ignition key is in the OFF position.

The Start-up KAM Test is used to validate the ECM's Keep-Alive-Memory once each time the ECM resets (turns ON). If an error is detected, Flash codes 224 or 615 can be set.

If code 224 IS NOT SET, code 615 indicates that the ECM's RAM is defective. Replace the ECM

KAMPWR to ECM - Connector (379) with breakout box installed and key OFF

Test Points

Spec.

Comments

#1 to Grd.

12 ± 1.5 volts

< than 10.5 v check connections, if 0 volts check for open/short to ground or blown fuse. (if fuse is open the ECM will not be powered with key ON and Prolink will not read codes.)

#1 to #40

12 ± 1.5 volts

< than 10.5 v check connections, if 0 volts check for open in ground path.

NOTE:

If the KAM PWR to the ECM is good and ground circuits are good, and Flash code 224 or 615 remains active, the ECM is defective.

KAMPWR to VPM - Connector (381)

Test Points

Spec.

Comments

#8 tp grd.

12 ± 1.5 volts

< than 10.5 v check connections, if 0 volts check for open/short to ground or blown fuse. (If fuse is open the ECM will not be powered with key ON and Prolink will not read codes.)

#8 to #15

12 ± 1.5 volts

Fault Code Descriptions

224 Kam Memory

615 Programmable Parameter KAM Corrupt Memory Information

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where do I find all these numbered points to check

Those are the Pin numbers to the ECM. Try a test ECM or have yours tested. Those codes are indication of a failed ECM.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where is the ECM I bought this truck used and didn't get any operator or service manuals so I don't know where things are
there is a big electrical box behind the passenger seat and a box under the hood I front of the cab with several connectors
plugged in to it since this is a bucket truck I don't know what is for what
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
our phone is out since we had a thunder storm

The ECM for the engine is mounted to the engine, the ESC or cab controller is the one in the cab. These codes are related to the engine mounted ECM that controls the engine.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no voltage on # 1 in the plug I followed it to a block plug beside it I cut the wire and jumped from the battery didn't help
I tied both together and applied the jump didn't help there is 12 volts at the out side of the circuit breaker labeled diagnostic
there is a large closed [ about 2 by 4 inch ] with a card like thing plugged into it I didn't pull it out it has 5 or 6 wires hooked
to it the same color as the one from the diagnostic breaker I don't work on this all the time just when I have free time

If you are interested in a PDF manual Ill send over the Premium service link.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my printer isn't working right to print out a manual and when I try to bring up page 4 it comes up as page 2 of 4 all the time
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

I see... Just checked my file.... I am missing 4 but have this one instead you can blow up.