Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have an 06 international 4300 with a dt466. No start. I

Customer Question

I have an 06 international 4300 with a dt466. No start. I have code 335. I only have 70 psi ICP when trying to start. I have pulled valve cover and applied 12v to IPR while starting and I do not see excessive oil leaking. I did notice when applying 12v to IPR it was not clicking don't know if it is supposed to or not but anyway it still doesn't start. Any ideas? I have replaced the injection pump before around 6 months ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When you state you replaced the injection pump, are you referring to the HPOP? At 70 psi, the IPR is either holding open and bad or the HPOP is bad. It is too low to be a internal seal leak. Seal leaks tend to give around 100 to 200 below the 650 cranking pressure, not as low as you are. You are seriously low and I would try a IPR first, then if no build then the HPOP is bad or the LPOP is bad and not feeding the HPOP.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dang.. I had that question 5hrs ago. I done fixed the truck and delivered it.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

I just signed on and saw it waiting there. I will send to customer service for you.

Sorry it was late.

Have a good day!