Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2011 max 13 with a davco fuel separator recently noticed air

Customer Question

2011 max 13 with a davco fuel separator recently noticed air in filter also lost power
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the lines and filter housings between the tank and pump for any leaks or restrictions causing the system to suck in the air or starve for fuel. Install a clear hose to monitor for bubbles. Also applying regulated air pressure to the fuel tank at a low pressure of around 15 PSI range will help uncover any leaks. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found metal v in filter I know where this is going but I can't justify the bubbles in fuel

Thanks for the update and I hope you had a great weekend. The air bubbles if confirmed no leaks in the suction can also be caused from a restriction or the transfer pump itself. Let me know