Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have two mechanical 8.3 liter engines with the same

Customer Question

I have two mechanical 8.3 liter engines with the same symptoms. Run in good shut them off, sat for an hour restarted both knocked like crazy and skipped. The knock quieted down after a few minutes but the skip continued with very little power. I had the injectors test and they were good. What should I check next?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the injectors test good you will need to crack open the injector lines one at a time with the engine running and listen for the cylinder or cylinders with little to no change. This will be the problem cylinder. check for low compression and or metal in the filter or oil pan indicating rings or a piston/rod problem. Also check the valve adjustment or for any damage in the upper end or valve train with the valve cover removed. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site or reply back for more help.